Have you ever had patio furniture and constantly cleaning up ketchup from burger night? How about that time you were out of town and your cushions were outside during that big thunderstorm? Or even if you avoid the ketchup and the rain, but the sun’s UV rays fade those once vibrant cushions?
As a patio furniture retailer, we have heard of every complaint under the sun it seems and we get asked all the time, “what can I do to better care for my cushions?”. Most times this means putting the cushion covers through the wash and risk having them shrink or fade, and even still they may not look the same afterwards. It’s also unreasonable to keep the furniture covered all the time, because you bought the furniture to enjoy your patio, not just look at furniture covers. One solution that we recommend is making sure you have high-quality Sunbrella fabrics on your patio furniture.
While the care and maintenance of this high grade fabric is fairly low, if you live in a geographic area with 4 distinct season we highly recommend all-weather covers.
Here are some helpful hints for maintaining your Sunbrella fabric:
- Protect the area around your Sunbrella fabric when using a bleach solution – bleach may discolor non-Sunbrella fabrics. Always rinse Sunbrella thoroughly to completely remove bleach.
- Please be aware of the environment when cleaning with bleach. Bleach can have harmful effects on the natural environment around you. We do not advise using bleach if you are surrounded by a body of water or other environment that could be affected.
- Sunbrella fabric air-dries very quickly.
- Machine drying is not necessary.
- If fabric has some wrinkling, use an iron, if necessary, but only on the synthetic setting. As some irons exceed the recommended temperature on the synthetic setting, test a small inconspicuous area before ironing entire piece.
Sunbrella fabrics are very easy to care for and to maintain and to illustrate this, here is a video show you how easy it is.
Our Terrace Collection line of outdoor patio furniture comes with Sunbrella fabrics, as well as most of our furniture that we sell. We want to give you the best patio experience and that means we choose Sunbrella fabrics!